• Digestive tract: Nausea, vomiting, flatulence, abdominal fullness, diarrhea, constipation, heartburn, liver dysfunction
• Skin: Rash, skin swelling, photosensitivity reactions (skin reactions following exposure to sunlight) including porphyria cutanea tarda (which is associated with an enzyme deficiency)
• Blood: Low blood counts, low blood glucose levels, low blood sodium levels
• Others: Tiredness, weakness, fever, other allergic reactions, weight gain, joint or muscle pain, vasculitis.
• glibenclamide metformin dosage The treatment is started with a low dose of 2.5 mg per day, and increased up to a maximum of 20 mg per day according to the blood glucose levels.
• glibenclamide metformin brand This drug should be taken orally once daily after breakfast or after the first meal of the day.
Glibenclamide should not be used in patients with:
glibenclamide metformin cipla
• Allergy to the drug
• Diabetic ketoacidosis, which requires insulin treatment
• Type 1 diabetes, where it is ineffective
• Glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency, due to the risk of breakdown of red blood cells (hemolytic anemia)
• Severe liver or kidney disease
It should also be avoided in:
• Pregnancy and breastfeeding
• Patients taking bosentan, due to a risk of liver damage
• glibenclamide metformin combination Monitor blood sugar level on a regular basis during the treatment
• Patients undergoing stressful conditions like fever, trauma or surgery may require temporary switching to insulin
• Use with caution in patients with diabetes-related nerved damage or with endocrine disorders
• Patients should be taught to recognize symptoms of low blood sugar and how to treat it on an emergency basis.
• They should be advised to contact an emergency center at the earliest.
• glibenclamide metformin side effects Alcohol intake should be stopped while taking this drug since the combination can result in an unpleasant reaction called disulfiram-type reaction.
• Also, alcohol can also cause additional reduction in blood glucose levels.
• Should be stored at room temperature, keep it away from heat