What is Poxet-60 used for?
poxet 60mg tablets are used to treat premature ejaculation (PE), which is one of the most common causes of sexual dysfunction in men. It is defined as early ejaculation with minimal sexual stimulation before of soon after penetration and can cause distress and problems with relationships. Poxet-60 is used to improve control over ejaculation and increase the time interval before ejaculation occurs during intercourse, for men with persistent or recurrent PE.
How does Poxet-60 work?
poxet 60 mg uses Poxet-60 tablets contain dapoxetine 60mg, a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) that is used specifically for premature ejaculation (PE), as it has a rapid onset of action, with maximum effect within 1-2 hours and a short half-life, which means that it is rapidly eliminated from the body within 24 hours. Ejaculation is a reflex that is mediated by the sympathetic nervous system. When sexual stimulation has reached a certain threshold, sensory nerve cells in the spinal cord are activated and nerve impulses are sent to the brain, which then send messages back to motor neurones controlling the muscles in the penis that contract to effect ejaculation.
What are the side effects of Poxet-60?
poxet 60 mg price The most commonly reported side effects when taking Poxet-60 tablets include, headache, gastrointestinal upset (nausea, diarrhoea, dry mouth, abdominal discomfort), dizziness, drowsiness, tremor, difficulty sleeping, increased blood pressure, erectile dysfunction, reduced libido.
When should Poxet-60 not be used?
You should not use Poxet-60 tablets if you:
- are allergic to dapoxetine or any ingredients in Poxet-60
- have severe liver or kidney disease
- have a heart condition or heart failure
- have a bleeding disorder
- have a history of orthostatic hypotension (dizziness when standing up), without discussion with your doctor
- have depression, bipolar disorder, unstable epilepsy or schizophrenia
- are taking any monoamine oxidase inhibitor medications as these can cause serious reactions if taken with Poxet-60 or within 14 days
What medications interact with Poxet-60?
poxet 60 mg online Several medications interact with Poxet-60 tablets and should either not be taken while you are taking Poxet-60 or only after discussion and instruction from your doctor:
- Drugs that cause a serious reaction with Poxet-60: monoamine oxidase inhibitors for depression, thioridazine for schizophrenia, the anticoagulant warfarin increases risk of bleeding, NSAIDs like aspirin or ibuprofen St. John´s Wort, migraine medicines like sumatriptan, the analgesic tramadol, SSRI antidepressants like paroxetine or citalopram, SNRI antidepressants like venlafaxine, lithium for mood disorders,
- Drugs that affect Poxet-60: thioridazine for schizophrenia, antifungals like ketoconazole, antibiotics like erythromycin, HIV treatments like ritonavir and atazanavir, calcium channel blockers like diltiazem for hypertension
How should Poxet-60 be taken?
poxet 60 mg generic You should take your Poxet-60 tablets swallowed whole with a glass of water with or without food. You should take your Poxet-60 60 1-3 hours before planned sexual activity. You should not take more than one tablet of Poxet-60 60 in 24 hours and avoid alcohol.
How should Poxet-60 be stored?
You should store your Poxet-60 tablets below 25°C in a cool dry place.